Sunday, August 6, 2017

Salmon Patties

Well summer is well under way and I can't believe I haven't posted anything as a summer dish yet.  Sigh, it goes so quickly.

Not sure if Salmon patties are summer fair, but I was looking for the healthy fat and salmon is good for you, so I grabbed a filet.
So here's the funny part.  I. do.not.like.salmon.  You read that right.  Then why do you ask did I make them?  I told you, it's good for you. >Insert Smile Emoji< Besides, I have been on a healthy diet the past year and VERY clean program the past couple weeks, I thought I'd see if my taste buds changed.

To say that these turned out amazing is an understatement.  I mean they were AMAZING!!!!

So of course I HAD to share it.  The measurements might not be exact, but close.  Hey, I didn't know it would turn out this good.


Ingredients

1/2 lb Fresh Salmon filet
 3 Tsp Fresh Parley, chopped finely
1 egg
1/3 cup Quinoa Flakes
1 small cooking onion diced
1/2- yellow pepper
1- lemon
1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper to taste

Instruction:
Soak Salmon in 1/2 lemon juice and tablespoon salt for 2 hours.  This will take off all the fish slim if there is any.
Don't skip this part unless it is fresh from the water.  
Preheat oven to 375
Dice onion and saute until clear.  Dice yellow pepper and combine all ingredients except Salmon in a bowl.
Rinse salmon and dry.  Cut into cubes and put in food processor and process until it looks like ground meat then add it to rest of ingredients in bowl and make into 4 small patties or 2 larger patties.
Heat a fry pan- I used a cast iron pan, you can use either olive oil or coconut oil and brown both sides of patties.  Then put into a preheated oven for 10 minutes to cook the inside.  I put my whole cast iron pan in the oven, which is why I chose to use it.
I served it with homemade tarter sauce and lemon. But you can serve it with what you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment