Sunday, July 5, 2015

About Me

Four Things

There are 4 things that I am praying and in faith  for when I get old.  One is that I don't walk bent over, two that I have all my teeth, three that I have all my hair and four that I do not have to take prescription drugs.  As a result of a fasting and praying, I realized that if I want this, things had to make some changes in my life, lose weight and change how I eat.  So I did a lot of reading on health and nutrition, gave up processed food, bought a bike and competed in my first of what I hope is many Triathlons.  Since then I have lost 20 of the 50 lbs I want to lose have felt more energetic, sleep better and know that I will have a better chance of not having to take prescription drugs in my old age.
During this change I had to adjust how I eat, shop and cook.  I realized that most of all health issues come from processed food or food that is lack of any nutritional value and all that our bodies are rejecting.  High blood pressure and cholesterol levels, type 2 diabetes all can be reverse by diet and exercise.  Now some people maybe saying, but it runs in my family.  I say try changing the way you eat and you may just change the outcome. You have the groundwork for having those diseases, but if you don't contribute to the factors that give you the disease, you really can heal your body and have it function the way God intended it to.

I love to cook and eat fresh healthy foods and have come up with recipes many people have asked me to share.  So I decided to write a blog to share how you can cook healthy, cost effectively as well as quick meals that taste great that your family will love.

I will also be sharing healthy eating tips with every post giving info on certain foods you shouldn't be eating and why and others you can replace them with.  Enjoy the journey to your final destiny in good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment